Wednesday, January 28, 2009

34 Weeks

Today is another snowy day in MA. We have about 6 inches of snow and it is now freezing rain all over that snow! I just went to my dr. appointment with the big dr, Dr. Burkman, for the first time and it was anti-climactic. He looked over my paperwork and measured my stomach and said everything was looking great. He said there was no reason to worry about the baby's position at this point. I told him that the baby was head down and he had to go find the paperwork for that. He said everything looks just fine. I will definitely be going the midwife route next time around. I feel like everyone tells me a different thing and that nobody knows what is going on. They look at the blood work, weight, and all of that, but they are very unconcerned with anything else. It isn't a very personal experience that is for sure. I love the nurses there and they seem to know more about me than the dr. One good thing is that this Dr. was much friendlier than the other dr I saw at 15 weeks.

Last night in our birth class we took a tour of the hospital. Everything looks great! The nurses seem nice. Seeing the nursery was my favorite part. The rooms are private and comfortable. Next week is our last class and we will be focusing on after the baby is born. We will be using plastic babies. You know Tim is excited about that! haha.

I'm feeling more and more uncomfortable as the days go by. The back and rib pain has become extremely painful. It seems there is nothing I can do. I get up and walk around and that helps for a few minutes. Sitting at my desk at work is torture! I'm getting more and more tired and my brain is getting slower. I feel so forgetful. I missed my exit going home last week. I take this exit all the time. Then on Saturday I thought I left a burner on. I just don't trust myself! My fingers are starting to swell a little and I've had to take my wedding rings off. I'm getting more and more emotional lately. I have become obsessed with cleaning and organizing. I stress out about getting everything done. Also, I get up around 3-4 times a night to go to the bathroom! That could have a little something to do with my absentmindedness! I keep telling myself that all these symptoms mean the end is near and that soon my baby will be here. I am getting more and more impatient every week.

What is baby up to this week?
Your amazing baby is on the move! They’ve been riding fairly high in your stretched-out womb till now (while kindly compressing your poor internal organs), but now they’re planning on making the big move to your pelvis this week. If you haven’t noticed it already, you’ll be feeling the weight shift that signals that your baby is most likely out of breech position, with their head now resting on your pubic bone. In liver news: although not quite fully formed, your little miracle’s liver is now capable of processing a certain amount of waste. In general, most of your child’s prenatal physical development is pretty much up to snuff and ready for the outside world. Naturally, further weight gain is expected—so you’re still not at maximum capacity despite probably feeling like you definitely are maxed out.

No comments: