Moving right along! I have some busy weeks ahead of me. I have a company party this Saturday, and the following Saturday I have a class I'm taking for work. Then I have my childbirth classes every Tuesday. Things should keep moving pretty quickly!
Our first childbirth class went well. I think Tim actually had a decent time. We were both surprised that the class is all couples our age. We thought we would be one of the youngest ones in the class, but that was not so. Most of the men were joking and this made Tim more comfortable. We went over the first state of labor and then did some massage techniques. I got that massage from Tim I've been begging him for! My back is so sore and tense. The instructor was great. She even brought in cheese and crackers! I'm mostly looking forward to seeing the birthing rooms and the nursery. I've never stayed in a hospital before so I really want to see where I'm going to be!
This baby likes to move around. Last week he was confirmed to be breech. Then the day after, I felt him move again and I was sure he was head down again. I was feeling kicks and movement up near my ribs. Then just yesterday, I think he went back to breech. The kicks I'm feeling are all low and I felt hiccups on the opposite side of my tummy. This could be all in my head, but the mother usually is right! I'm going to try not to worry about it until I get to week 37! The kicks and movement I've been feeling has really changed in the last week or so. The movement is much stronger and feels more like squirming. I can see him moving when I look at me stomach. It is fascinating. I can feel when he stretches out now too. I have to say this is one of the coolest parts of pregnancy to far!
What is baby up to this week?
In the latest womb reports, your amazing baby has now developed sensitivity to temperature! This means you’ll probably get a swift kick if you put a hot pad on your ginormous belly. For the Elton John lovers out there-- yes, baby’s got blue eyes. At this point, all babies do, although depending on their chromosomal disposition, this could easily change after birth (or even between now and labor), but for the time being, blue it is. Thanks to their recently matured lungs and a remarkably strong immune system, over 90% of babies born in their 32nd week, survive premature births. So it’s pretty much a done deal. Even if your little monkey’s planning on heading out early, their survival odds are in everyone’s favor. Time to celebrate (no, no, wait until after the birth to crack open the champagne!) We’re talking baby-showers and alcohol-free punch!

Symptoms this week:
Occasional nausea
back ache
feeling short of breath
belly tightening (braxton hicks?)
No comments:
Post a Comment