Thursday, January 22, 2009

33 weeks

We've got ourselves a head down baby! I had another ultrasound today and sure enough, our little guy found his way. What a relief. I had a feeling this was the case, but it is nice to have it confirmed. The baby looked great and showed off for the camera as always. He was blinking and moving his eyes and even stuck his tongue out and gulped fluid for us. We must have caught him at dinner time. He had both hands together and over his head. I'm not going to post the pictures from the ultrasound because I can't even make out what is in them never mind anyone else! Baby gained A LOT of weight and weighs over 5 pounds now. The ultrasound nurse also said that she would move my due date up to March 5. We can only hope! She told me to get walking if I want him to get him to come out sooner than later. So I plan on trying to do some more walking. I am so eager to meet this little man!
This week I have much more uncomfortable. I know it will only get worse! I feel huge and my back and ribs kill me when I sit down. When I stand up, I feel tired and I have the sensation of so much pressure. I can't get comfortable. I have to say, I am SO lucky that sleeping is still very comfortable for me. It is certainly harder to turn over now and to get out of bed, but when I'm on my side cuddled up to my 5 pillows, I feel great!

What's baby up to this week?
Fetal development in pregnancy week 33:fetus in eighth month For all the weight and bulk you’re lugging around these days, you’d think your little champ should weigh much more than a mere 5 lbs and measly 17 inches in height, but nope, that’s about the average size for a baby in its thirty-third week. In terms of appearances, they’re getting cuter and pudgier every minute as they pile on the baby fat for those adorable little wrist rolls and chubby toes. And as we’re sure you’ve already noticed they’re getting stronger with every passing day. Nowadays, it’s possible to observe a well-placed kick just by watching your belly—but you already knew that didn’t you? Although they’re getting stronger, your bigger-by-the-day baby is losing space to move around, so the actual rate of movement will drop off in the last few weeks, despite that powerful drop-kick they’ve been working on. Hey, did you know you’ll continue feeling their movements even during labor?

No comments: