Sunday, August 1, 2010

He Speaks!

That's right! Dillon spoke during our vacation in Maine. His first word (for real this time) was Doggie. (or "D'ggie" as Dill says it) He was pointing out dogs and a few squirrels and calling them doggie. He hasn't done it so much since we've gotten home. I hope to hear him speaking again soon! He also cracked us all up in Maine when I was yelling at one of the dogs. I called the dog a "bad dog" and pointed at J. Dillon walked up to J, put his finger in J's face and said, "Bad Dog!" I almost fainted! We had a nice time in Maine. Dill and I had to leave a couple days early because I was feeling pretty sick. I may have Lyme's Disease and am waiting on the blood test results. I started antibiotics and am feeling much better so far. I'm still so tired at times, but certainly better. Anyway, before our early departure, Dillon was having a blast. He got to take his first ride in a wagon. We took him to and from the beach a couple times in the red wagon. Amazingly, he actually sat still for the entire ride!
When we got to the beach, he was still all about the wagon:Grammy and Dillon:


Uncle Mike S. and Dillon on Facebook:


Dillon did so well on the ride up to Maine again. He took a nice nap about halfway through the ride. The ride back was a different story, but here is on the way up:



Dillon attended his first real kiddie b-day party last weekend. He had fun playing games, eating cake, and eating pizza. He also got a tattoo in his goodie back and obviously DaDa put it right on him:


Dillon also made another step in becoming a big boy this week. We moved his changing table down to the basement and he now has a bureau. He's keeping it safe for Aunt Emilie while she is in San Francisco. Here are a couple pics of his new room:

His new bureau has a marble top! How luxurious! Dillon appreciates the finer things in life:
Dillon's latest obsession is sunglasses. He loves to put them on and run around grinning:

I've been trying to get a shot of Dillon sleeping in his crib, but he is SUCH a light sleeper. He honestly wakes up as soon as the door opens in his nursery. I now have a photo of his JUST waking up. I thought it was pretty cute:
Finally, a video of Dillon having fun with some of my old sunglasses:

1 comment:

Brianna Snyder said...

can't believe how huge he's getting. and all those teeth!!!! i'm also pleased to see dillon's developing classy taste. (thank G)