Saturday, August 28, 2010

End of Summer

Summer is quickly coming to a close. To remind us that September 1st is just around the corner, the temps went from 100 to 60 in a day! It looks like we'll be having a few days of heat coming up, but it looks like the extreme heat and humidity of this summer is over. What a great summer it has been! Here are some pictures from the last week or so.

Dillon was given some new ride on toys today. Thank you to Barbara Locke for picking these up!! Dillon is loving them:



At the Belchertown park:


As usual Dillon is on the move. I try and try to get some good pictures of the little guy, but most of them turn out like this:



I can't resist a spaghetti face! How cute!

Dillon is really into sunglasses. We were at Wal-Mart (Side note: I HATE going to Wal-Mart and will only go when I have to. It never fails to leave me with a sick, angry feeling. I don't know what it is, but we never have a good experience there.) and Dillon spotted some children's sunglasses. He starting screaming and pointing at them. He grabbed a pair and put it on smiling. I had to buy them. He wears them constantly now:

Have I mentioned how much I love leggings on Dillon? I think they should be en vogue for baby boys to wear too. That's my unpopular opinion for the day.
My cousin Melissa gave me a Natural Baby Cookbook a couple weeks ago. I have been having such a great time with the recipes. Dillon is enjoying them too. I have been making him smoothies and sneaking in all kinds of fruits and veggies. Who knew you could blend banana with plain organic yogurt and not taste the carrots I slip in! I picked up a great stainless steel straw cup for Dill. It works great and keeps his smoothie cold for up to ten hours! I also made avocado/banana Popsicles for him the other day and they are a HUGE success. I pour avocado and banana blended together into a shot glass and stick a baby spoon in. I freeze it until solid and voila: perfect Dill-sized pop.











No comments: