Thursday, July 22, 2010

Parks

I found the coolest park nearby! It's called Hamden Memorial Park and there is a free spray park there. It was built in dedication to a nine year old boy that passed away. It's such a great place for kids to play. Dillon was literally having the time of his life there. We went back for the second time two days later! The greatest part is that Dillon isn't afraid of the high powered water. He runs through it laughing and screaming. I think the poor kid swallowed a gallon of water. Next to the spray park is a huge playground and picnic area. Beyond that there is a little brook that kids were wading in. Dillon went from one activity to the next. He had such a great time.
A few days later, my mother and I took Dillon to Stanley Park in Westfield. This beautiful park is right across from where Tim and I went to school. It has the biggest playground I've ever seen, a duck pond, and endless beautiful gardens.

Dillon was "all about" the ducks:




I brought some bread to feed the ducks with, but there were also some rather large geese hanging out at the duck pond that day. They came charging after us after getting a taste of the bread and we had to run out of there.

Dillon and his adorable toddler tummy in the garden:

There was a huge fountain in the middle of the garden and Dillon kept walking around and around it. Finally, he did what I was waiting for him to do: he tried to climb in. I pulled him out and home we went.




I don't think I posted Dillon's stats at from our last appointment. He is 25 pounds, 21.75 inches long. We went back for his last shot on Tuesday. Dillon cried after this shot. I remember the MMR shot being so painful.






No comments: