
Last weekend we went to our favorite pumpkin patch with our friends, Robert and Denise. Dillon was so excited to be going to visit them. (Although Dillon is going through a MAJOR shy phase when he actually sees people!) He isn't able to say Denise's name yet, but he says Robert's like "
Rogert." Very cute. Robert brought his camera to the pumpkin patch and took some amazing pictures!

I loaded these pictures very out of order, but we finished the trip with some ice cream. Dillon tried black raspberry and it was a hit. He also did very well with a cone for the first time. (Past cone attempts were not smooth)

They had some climbing equipment to play on. Dillon wouldn't go on a single thing until the entire area was clear of all other children. (Again, shy phase) He kept saying, "No, I wait my turn." This made me laugh because at home he NEVER wants to wait his turn.

This is a classic Dillon face. This face is usually followed by a very
mischievous act.

Ice cream is very serious business.

And Dillon's face in this picture kills me. We get a lot of this face when we are out and about lately. (Once again, shy phase)

I wanted to note a few things about Dillon. I feel like I'm so busy lately that I am forgetting to document some of the stuff that Dillon does that I really don't want to forget. Even now I'm having trouble remembering the things I wanted to list.
Dillon is obsessed with birthdays right now. In his play, it is always someones birthday. He loves to make cakes and parade around singing and blowing out candles.
Dillon has started to "miss" people. "I'm missing DaDa."
I'm a terrible, evil mother. I make up little tales and stories thinking it will be interesting to Dillon and it's just plain terrifying. Example: Dillon loves to walk in the woods. Some days after the kids all go home, we take walks up in the woods looking for chipmunks. (aka chitnuks) The dog is always chasing them so Dillon wants to as well. Anyway, we were up in the woods near the wood pile looking at the "chipmunk house" and Dillon asked where they all were. I told him they are afraid of us, but love to come up and give kisses so light you won't feel them etc. I had a very overactive imagination as a child and that has continued into adulthood. Anyway, Dillon got very quiet. I had reached down to rub his head and touched his ear. Suddenly he jumped and screamed, "MOMMY! NO! A chitnuk just tickled my ear! AHHH" Tim scolded me for making up stories that will scare our two year old. :-(
1 comment:
Oh yes - in my family we called it "lying to children". I do think that once one gets the hang of not terrifying them, it is really wonderful to stimulate their imagination. We still talk about the crazy stuff my Dad used to tell us.
Post a Comment