Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

Dillon seems to be a very different child lately. That may sound strange, but all of a sudden he seems to have a better understanding about his surroundings. New year, new attitude? He still has tantrums, but has been much more reasonable. He seems happier and has been playing better independently! Could it be because DaDa was home a lot the last couple weeks? Could be! Dillon has been saying so many new words and has been eating a ton! I have been slowly opening his Christmas presents so that each day he gets a new toy to play with. This is working out really well. Yesterday, we opened up his fire truck and portable fire station. He had so much fun. I asked Dillon what sound the little fire dog said, and he responded with "Moooo" I don't blame him. It IS black and white and looks very much like a cow. ;-)
Dillon got a drum and music set from the Robinson family and DaDa showed him how to drum with the drum around his neck. I think it's safe to say that Dillon may be a drummer some day. This kid loooves to drum.





We tried to make the most of DaDa being home for a long New Years weekend. Yesterday, we went to the mall in the morning. Some of the stores weren't even open yet and Dillon had a blast running around. Honestly, who needs Disney World? He was so happy. He had lunch in the food court like a big boy. He ate pizza and had a lemonade.
After the mall, Dillon took a 3.5 hour nap! He woke up and we went to Robert and Denise's for a visit. Dillon loved running around and playing. Robert took some pictures of our little Ham. Dillon was more than willing to have his picture taken:



Dillon stayed up until 10pm last night. When we got home, I thought he'd be more than ready for bed, but he wouldn't get in his crib until he had another dinner. He ate a yogurt and broccoli before skipping off to bed. Who is this child?! It's funny how much they change from one minute to the next.
Things have been a little crazy around here as I get ready to open the daycare. The town has been giving us a little trouble. We may have to get our property commercially zoned. This will be expensive, time consuming, and just a pain in general. I have been on the phone most of the morning with my licensor, and the town. I called the town last week to let them know I would be opening my home daycare and they told me I would have to pay a fee, draw up a business request, hire an engineer, attend a town meeting, and get approval from all of my neighbors. This is all in addition to the lengthy process required by the EEC. I called my licensor and she told me she had never heard of this. I called the town again and the woman I first spoke with wasn't in today. I spoke with the building inspector and he said he thought she most likely misunderstood me and that home daycare are exempt from this. I am praying that he and my licensor are right, but we'll find out for sure tomorrow. I am determined to start this daycare. This is going to be a good thing for our family and really assist us in moving forward. I'll update more when I find our the verdict on all of this...fingers crossed!
































No comments: