Thursday, December 30, 2010

The very very good day

I've been writing lately about this challenging time I am going through with Dillon. He's in the terrible twos already and he's been a cranky crank most of the time. Unless he's completely happy and entertained, Dillon will throw a huge tantrum. Well, today was a different day. Dillon woke up talking to himself in his crib at 7am. He usually wakes us up with a scream and a "MAA MAAA." Today I could hear him giggling and playing with his doll and dino in his crib. Things went south after that when Dillon seemed completely exhausted by 10am. I took him to the library with hopes that would get us through to lunch. We came home at 11am and Dillon was screaming to go into his crib. I tried feeding him lunch and he wasn't having it. He was sound asleep by 11:30am. I was afraid he'd be up early and cranky for the remainder of the day as usual. Well, he slept for three hours and woke up SO HAPPY. My mother came over for a visit and even she noticed how pleasant Dillon was being. He played with all of his toys. He must have played with his Mr. Potato Head for a solid 20 mins. Dillon had some creative ways of putting Mr. Potato together.
He posed for some pictures with Memere and ate a huge snack.

After Memere left, Dillon actually let me wash dishes and make dinner without crying at my feet. He was dancing around to music. I looked down and there he was dancing with the cat. He then decided to take a turn with both dogs.


The dogs are such good sports. Even the cat allowed some dancing.


After a good dinner and lots of smiles, Dillon took a bath. In the tub he asked for, "More bubbles!" After bath, Dillon brushed his teeth "buh tees" and lingered in the bathroom. I was wondering what he was doing in there by himself with the lights off. I went in and he was peeing on the potty!!! He peed twice. I didn't even prompt him. How cool is that? I got Dillon dressed for bed without a huge battle, (yes this is Dillon we're talking about!) and he had some cheese and smoothie for a bedtime snack. He then asked for "more cheese." I was so thrilled to hear him using two words together. He seems to come out with a new word each day. Today's new word was "wet." At 7:20, Dillon went into his room and called for Mama. He went to bed without a problem. It was such a pleasant, happy day!!


No comments: