Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sledding!

The snow keeps coming here in Massachusetts. The snow banks are so high it's hard to back our cars out of the driveway. We play outside a lot, but Dillon hates wearing his mittens so there's only so much outside time we can get. At his Friday playgroup they brought snow inside in two big bins and let the kids use wooden spoons to spoon it in and out of the containers. They had a blast. We decided to try it at home and Dillon loved it.



One cool thing about all this snow is seeing the beautiful cardinals in the snowy trees. They are so bright against the white snow. It's one of my favorite thing about winter.

Last weekend (or maybe the weekend before) we bought a toddler table at Toys R Us. Dillon insists on eating just about every meal at his table.
We took Dillon sledding for the first time last weekend. I had no idea how he would react. He ended up loving it. He didn't seem afraid at all. I honestly was more afraid than he was. We went for several runs until DaDa broke the sled trying to go down from the VERY top of the hill.

Here are some videos from our week. Dillon has been loving playing with Dada. The first video is Dillon and DaDa playing with his lion puppet. Dada has taught him all kinds of "great" tricks. I had NOTHING to do with the second video. Yes, that's Dillon pretending to poop an egg shaker. The third video is Dillon's first time on a sled!
My home day care is almost ready for its grand opening. I had my home inspection on Thursday and am just waiting on our background checks. I had my first interview this morning and signed my first child up for two days a week! I can't wait to offically have my license.

No comments: