Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Friends

This is a hard time of year in New England. I may be speaking for myself, but I think it's almost worse than the dead of winter. There is no snow, it's cold, and everything is bare and brown. It's been raining a lot and we spend a lot of time indoors. Normally, I let Dillon go outside in his raincoat, but when the temps are below 50, I just can't let him do it. He'd get wet and cold too fast. I have been saving a bubble machine under his crib for quite some time. Well, the rainy day arrived and we had so much fun with the bubbles. Dillon screams, "Bu Buu" whenever he sees bubbles. Last Saturday our friends Tim and Kerri came for a visit. Tim was college roomates with my Tim (DaDa) and the four of us all went to the same school. Two weddings and two babies later, here we all are! We hadn't seen each other since Connor was born, 10.5 months ago! Tim and Kerri made the long drive from Boston to our house for the afternoon. We had such a great time catching up and the two boys got along great!

The two of them played for a while on Dillon's ride-on toy. Connor is almost walking and was able to push Dillon around. Dillon loved being the "older one" for a change. He is usually the young one in a lot of situations.







Connor is so cute!
I wanted to start reporting on Dillon's favorite food of the moment. His likes and dislikes change so often that I wanted to remember how he goes from one food to another. His favorite foods right now are cottage cheese and broccoli. His appetite has been great, but he is still so picky.
I also wanted to make note of the words Dillon is using. Right now Dillon says, more, balloon, bubble, da, Moo, all done, go, and bird.
Don't get too excited, his pronunciation is way off on most words, but the important thing is he's using these words spontaneously. I'm so proud!!!

No comments: