Friday, November 7, 2008

22 weeks

Last week was all fun, but this week I'm getting down to business. I am trying to eat things that are at least somewhat healthy! I have also started to keep track of the protein I consume and eat more protein. I'm shooting for 80-100 grams as it says in the Bradley Method book I have. This is tough stuff when you are a ravenous junkfood beast like I've been these days. I just want to chow down on cookies and cheesecake. Yesterday, I tried to be good. The only junkie thing I had all day was a Reese's peanut butter cup and a few potato chips. The rest of the day I had high protein, healthy foods: homemade chicken soup with kale, cottage cheese, eggs etc. Well, I didn't meet my protein goal, nor did I feel good by the end of the night. I had to go to bed with some cheese and crackers before I felt better. I think the key is hearty meals with lots of high protein snacks in the middle. Hopefully I'll get it right soon or it's pack to being a hog. So many people have been asking me, "so have you been eating all healthy things since being pregnant?" I wish my answer was yes! I feel like I no longer call the shots on what to eat!



I'm going to try and get the nursery going this weekend. I really want to get it looking nice while I still feel good and am moving around comfortably. We picked out the bedding set we want and I am really excited about it.

What is baby up to this week?

The grow must go on! No wonder you’re getting so big, you’re now housing a wonder-baby who weighs nearly a pound and measures nearly a foot in length. Their perfect little pancreas is now further developed and they’ve also started producing their own hormones! Your baby's future in the circus as a world-famous tight-rope-walker is secure: their inner ear is now developed to the point that they have their own sense of balance. Lucky for your little explorer, balance also promotes physical dexterity, which has them actively feeling out their surroundings where skin, body parts, and the resident umbilical cord are the big sensory experiences. Your foot-long baby, is looking a bit like an over sized raisin right now as more and more wrinkles are showing up each week. Not to worry, all that excessive wrinkling is just their skin’s way of planning ahead for the time when they’ll start piling on that irresistible baby chub.

No comments: