Friday, June 13, 2014

Summer Begins!

Things have been crazy around the Shaughnessey house lately. They are finally starting to settle down, though, and I couldn't be happier. Many of you probably know that Tim started a new job. The transition was kind of hectic for us, but we are adjusting to his new schedule and enjoying it. He gets home two hours earlier now and gets to eat dinner with us. This is kind of a catch up post, so I'll be jumping around and filling you in!
 Summer seems to be here, finally. I am almost afraid to say that, however, because today it was 66 degrees and raining again. I've been using the nice weather to take pictures of the kids. I've been meaning to do it for so long, but those winter days just don't get me in the mood for taking outdoor pics of the kids.

 Last weekend, we got all dressed for a vowel renewal ceremony. Our friends, Aggie and Chris, celebrated ten years of marriage. I was the maid of honor! My dad was nice enough to come watch Dill and Lou and Tim and I had a nice night out!

 As I was getting ready for this night out, Louise was watching my every move. I left her alone in the bathroom for one minute and I came back to find our little Louise covered in makeup. She isn't upset in the picture below because I caught her, or because I took the makeup away. She was upset that I wouldn't let her see the picture of herself wearing all the makeup.

 After catching her with the makeup all over her face, she showed me her new trick: drinking from the bathroom sink! Little sisters learn lots of things from big brothers...

 For the last week, we've been battling a late Spring illness. Louise had her first ear infection. She was so sick. She had a fever of almost 104 on and off for about a week. Dillon kept himself busy using finger paints outside/
 Anyone with a sick toddler knows that they don't just relax all day. The minute she felt even slightly better, she would get up and play.
 We painted toenails! (Dillon is also sporting some ruby red toenails!)
 Dillon had his LAST day of preschool! I still can't believe he'll be going to kindergarten in the September!! The first picture is Dillon on his first day of preschool. The second picture is Dillon on his last day of preschool.

 I am so happy with the preschool we chose for Dillon. The program and teachers were amazing. They had the most adorable graduation ceremony for the kids with pizza and treats afterwards for everyone.

No comments: