Friday, December 6, 2013

Thanksgiving and More!

Before I start writing about Christmas, I need to get Thanksgiving out there. We had a great time. It was our first Thanksgiving having Aunt Emilie home and it was nice to visit with her.

 DaDa had some time off around the holiday and the kids were so excited to spend some extra time with him too!
 Now that we are a family of four, I've realized just how hard it is to get a "perfect family picture." Someone always has their eyes closed. Someone is always crying or fidgeting.
 Or diving out of the shot...
 Or looking at someone OTHER than the photographer...
We can't all be like this guy, perfectly photogenic at all times.
 We got to meet our brand new baby cousin, Lucca. Louise was particularly taken with him. She started saying "baby" and wouldn't leave the little guy alone for a minute.
 We had some awesome food and wine! Dillon and Louise actually ate this year. We ended the evening playing Dictionary, a family favorite. Dillon got to stay up until midnight with his older cousins. It was a lot of fun.
 Finally, I'd like to comment on Louise's Vaseline incident. I've heard of kids doing this and never thought it was that big of a deal. What's a little petroleum jelly on the face? Well, I was wrong. (As usual) It was SOO HARD to get off her face and hair. It took several washes and finally baking soda and Dawn did the trick. What's most hilarious is that Dillon was the one that caught her smearing it all over herself and comes running out into the living room, "Ummm, DaDa, you're going to need to give Louise a bath."

No comments: