As Louise gets older, it gets easier to do activities with both kids. And did I mention how cute it is?
Louise will actually sit still for a little while during family movie night. It's probably because she loves popcorn.
I just had to include this. I made minestrone soup the other night and Dillon threw a HUGE tantrum about eating the soup. He didn't want to try and it and just KNEW he'd hate it. Well, I got him to try one bite and what do you know? He loved it. "This is my FABORITE," he declared. I snapped a picture of the little stinker giving a enjoying his soup with his face all blotchy from crying.
Halloween was Thursday. Both kids were lions this year. Dillon was a lion a few years ago, but wanted to be the same as Louise. We found a matching costume for him and it turned out adorable. We went to a Halloween party. (First ever!) The kids had a blast dressing up with their friends. The adults did too!
Tim was a lion tamer. Yes, most of that mustache is real!
The dads made some pretty cool balloon animals for the kids. The most popular designs were snakes and more snakes.
Dillon and Louise did great trick or treating together. We even got Louise to say "Trick or Treat" by the end of the evening.
We carved pumpkins. Dillon carved the one on the left entirely by himself. He scooped everything out and did the top. DaDa did the one on the right. I was very impressed. Mine is in the middle. Yes, it's the same pumpkin face I've been carving since age ten.
The rain held out for the two hours of trick or treating and it was actually fairly warm outside. I remember Dillon not really understanding candy that much at Louise's age. It's funny how different first and second children are. Louise knew right away that candy was awesome. She chewed her way through a lollipop wrapper before we were even done trick or treating. She clutched the candy in her hands like hundred dollar bills!
The rain and the warm air made for a spooky, foggy night!
2 comments:
I just love reading your stories. I had a similar food experience with Alex long ago - with the same sudden change of opinion! In our case it was Manwich.
And your pumpkin is perfect. No reason not to stick with a classic!
The lions are just adorable. Louise looks more like Dillon now. Am I right?
Love your stories. We had a similar food experience with Alex long ago. In our case it was Manwich. The kids look great - matching lions is a terrific idea. Is it me, or is Louise looking more like Dillon these days?
Post a Comment