Monday, August 5, 2013

Grandpa

Grandpa passed away on Tuesday, July 23, 2013. It was very unexpected and I know we are all still coming to terms with what has happened. Dillon and Louise are still so young and cannot begin to fully understand everything. We are so thankful to have the memories and great pictures to share with them.
Dillon's 3rd birthday party.

Fishing with a guide in Maine.


Swimming in Maine. We went out to eat by boat and anchored on the way back for a swim.

A dance with my Father In Law at my wedding.

Dillon's baptism

Meeting baby Louise for the first time. One of Louise's namesakes is Jim's mother, Mary Louise. (She went by Louise.)

Playing at Long Beach in Maine with Dillon.

Getting our Christmas tree. Dillon and Grandpa brought it all the way back to the car after cutting it down.

This was taken just a few weeks ago when we were up in Maine for the 4th of July. I'm so glad we had that family vacation all together.

Brian's high school graduation.

A few days before Grandpa passed away, I was talking to Dillon about things he likes to do. I was asking him what he likes to do with Mommy, Dada, Memere, etc. He kept replying "play" after every person. When I got to Grandpa, he said, "Play, oh and go for walks. Grandpa takes me for walks!" It was so sweet. Grandpa would always take Dillon walking. This past Halloween, they went for a simple walk around the neighborhood, but it turned into a spooky adventure with a decorated "haunted" path. Dillon talked about it often. I never got to tell Jim what Dillon had said, but I believe he knows how much he meant to Dillon and to all of us.

We'll think of him every time we go for a walk. We'll think of him every time we go to Maine and swim in the lake, every time we feel the wind against our faces on the boat. And we'll think of him every time we see a beautiful sunset. I know this is what Jim's heaven looks like.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Oh, Danielle. I'm so sorry for your loss. This is a lovely, moving post. Thanks for sharing it. Love to your whole family xooxxo