Sunday, March 13, 2011

Dillon's Second Birthday Party

On Saturday we celebrated Dillon's second birthday. His actual birthday is the 14, tomorrow. For the second year in a row, Dillon was sick for his party. It looks like he'll be sick for his actual birthday too. On Thursday night Dillon started coughing a nasty barky cough. On Friday he had a tiny fever and cold symptoms. I brought him to the doctor because of the barking cough and they said he just had a cold and took a strep test to be safe. On the day his party he woke up with a fever, bad cough, and runny nose. He was a good sport for most of the party, but definitely had his cranky moments. We had a big party for Dillon. A lot of family and friends were there and Dillon enjoyed being the guest of honor. He wouldn't eat much of anything the entire day, but seemed to enjoy his cake and ice cream. Our friend Robert took this picture of Dillon chowing down on his birthday cake. Dillon's party was all about trains and he is wearing a conductors hat and kerchief from Lynne. He also had a wooden train whistle to blow! Robert also took this photo. Dillon loved cutting his own cake. I made a train cake for the party. It didn't turn out as good as the picture, but I tried and Dillon recognized it as a train. haha
This is a picture of Dillon "eating" cake on his first birthday. He wouldn't even try it!


He loved hearing everyone sing to him and LOVED blowing out the candles. He needed a little help from Grammy:


Train cake: I'm so thankful that my friend Emma came early to help me decorate it. I was in over my head.

Lynne helping Dillon clean frosting off his hands. He couldn't wait for a spoon and dug right in with his adorable little hands:
He LOVED wearing a party hat:

There aren't any pictures of Dillon opening presents. He enjoyed the first few and was actually able to unwrap his own gifts this year. However, the pressure seemed to get to the little fever baby and he started to have a meltdown. He started crying and putting the presents back in their boxes and bags.
This morning he woke up happier to see his new presents and played with his new toys despite having a fever of 102.5 and a very runny nose. I hope my little guy feels better tomorrow. I can always hope he'll be illness free for his third birthday! A video from the party. Dillon drools almost on the cake. And don't mind me acting like an awkward weirdo in the background:

In other news, I have my first daycare child starting Wednesday. I'm very excited, but have a lot of preparation to do!

No comments: