Monday, March 7, 2011

Birthday Parties!

It's been quite a busy weekend. I don't think I reported that Dillon is completely obsessed with trains. It gets more and more obvious each day. This morning I saw him line up his pacifiers and yell, "CHOO CHOO!" On Friday, I took Dillon to Chuck E Cheese for a special treat. We met our friends Michelle and Nathan there. Everyone had a great time. Dillon loved the rides and games. He was terrified of the Chuck E Cheese mascot, but other than that was pretty happy.
After playing, we went out to lunch. It was actually a really nice lunch! Everyone had a blast and I was shocked a lunch with two toddlers went so well! Dillon is quite the air hockey player. I was shocked how quickly he picked it up,


This horse was one of his favorite rides. It was out of order, but he loved sitting on it and holding the reins.


We played a little Rugrat car racing.


I was dying for Dillon to try this ride, but we got him all strapped in only to find it wasn't working. :-(



Dillon wanted to sit on the mouse's lap:


They aren't kidding when they say Chuck E Cheese's is "where a kid can be a kid." The place was full of toddlers throwing tantrums. For the first time in a long time I didn't feel self conscious of Dillon throwing a fit!
On Saturday morning, Dillon went to a birthday party for his friend Vance. He had a great time. He had one mini meltdown when he got hungry, but stayed up way past his nap and did perfectly the rest of the morning. All of the kids were running laps around the house and having a ball.
The cupcakes helped keep everyone pretty happy.

On Sunday afternoon, Dillon went to another birthday party. This party was for his friend Nathan. Nathan is just a few days older than Dillon. Dillon got all dressed up for the big night.

That night, Dillon went to bed at 7:30 and woke up at 7:15 the next day. We didn't hear a peep out of him! He must have been tired from his weekend o' parties. I told him he had to rest up this week because his party is on Saturday!
I am completely exhausted today. The daycare is really getting going now! I had two inquiries this weekend and one family came to look at our home this evening. I was so busy putting the finishing touches on the playroom and spent a lot of the day on the phone with insurance companies. Then I had to take Dillon to the store and to playgroup, rush back home, feed Dillon dinner and meet our visitors. I was VERY nervous for the visit tonight, but I think it went well. Today reminded me just how challenging this daycare is going to be. Working is hard, but working with your own child is REALLY hard. Dillon was pretty good about being patient with me today. We got him some new farm animals at Ocean State on Sunday and he played with them quietly while I cleaned and made calls this morning. He's really in love with these things.
He gives them kisses and makes them walk on the couch and dance. Hilariously, I caught him making one sniff his diaper and he would scream, "YUUUCK!" I wish I had it on tape.

Finally, in other news, we purchased Dillon's first set of big boy underwear this weekend. That's right, we'll be starting the big potty training within the next couple weeks. Dillon picked out some cool train undies!

A quick video from our Chuck E Cheese outing:

No comments: