This is Dillon wearing Aunt Emilie's hat when she was a little one. So cute!
Tim went on a snowmobiling trip this past weekend. He left Thursday morning for work and we didn't see him again until Sunday night. Things were lonely that first night and Dillon was missing DaDa.
We decided to make a trip down to Great Barrington to visit with Memere. I was a little nervous because Dillon just doesn't travel well. He gets very cranky, doesn't sleep well, and then gets even more grouchy. I have to say that I was VERY surprised. Dillon did PERFECTLY. He was even happier than when he's home. He slept great and took two hour naps both days. Normally, I have to sleep in the living room so that I don't disturb Dillon. He normally wakes up, sees I'm in his room and then doesn't go back to sleep. Well, this wasn't the case. I was able to bunk with Dill without an issue! Dillon spent most of him time watching for trains. There are train tracks very close to my mother's house. Part of him is terrified of the train because it is so close, but the other part is very VERY curious. He also like watching for "Buses" on the street.(Dillon calls trucks, cars, and buses the same thing) Even our dog was interested:
Still looking for a bus:
One afternoon we took Dillon downtown to do some shopping. We went to Matrushka, my cousin's toy store, and Dillon was pretty much obsessed with the marble run. He stood on the little stool and played for a good thirty minutes screaming, "Ball ballll!" After coaxing him out of the toy store and out onto the street, we decided to go to SoCo Creamery for some ice cream. For those that don't know, SoCo (formerly Bev's) is a little local ice cream shop that serves their homemade ice cream along with other goodies. It's been around for as long as I can remember and has always been delicious. Dillon had vanilla ice cream and pretty much inhaled it.
They even gave him his own little spoon:
After he ate his ice cream and drank the leftover milk from the bowl, he made his way over to the chalk board and colored for a while. When it was time to go, Dillon turned to the entire place and screamed, "Byeeeeeeee!" This kid isn't a ham or anything. Nope, not Dillon.
I was amazed at how well Dillon did with just hanging around. He seems to be getting much more imaginative. He would line up his blocks and push them around saying, "Choo Chooooo!" He loved rocking in Memere's rocking chair. This is the very chair my mother used to rock me:

I feel very happy to have had a nice weekend away. We were so happy to see Tim when he got back. I don't think I formerly announced that Dillon is officially weaned! I weaned him a couple weeks ago and I was surprised how easy it was to eliminate the final nursing. He kept asking for "NaNa" for a few days, but hasn't mentioned it since. I feel very happy with how everything went and wouldn't change a thing! Now to start planning Dillon's 2nd birthday party!
Here is DaDa hiding in the crib:
Dillon continues to crack me up all day long. In this video, Dillon was playing with some balls and his garage and he thought screaming would make the balls go. It was very weird, but I found it very funny.
After he ate his ice cream and drank the leftover milk from the bowl, he made his way over to the chalk board and colored for a while. When it was time to go, Dillon turned to the entire place and screamed, "Byeeeeeeee!" This kid isn't a ham or anything. Nope, not Dillon.
I was amazed at how well Dillon did with just hanging around. He seems to be getting much more imaginative. He would line up his blocks and push them around saying, "Choo Chooooo!" He loved rocking in Memere's rocking chair. This is the very chair my mother used to rock me:

I feel very happy to have had a nice weekend away. We were so happy to see Tim when he got back. I don't think I formerly announced that Dillon is officially weaned! I weaned him a couple weeks ago and I was surprised how easy it was to eliminate the final nursing. He kept asking for "NaNa" for a few days, but hasn't mentioned it since. I feel very happy with how everything went and wouldn't change a thing! Now to start planning Dillon's 2nd birthday party!
Here is DaDa hiding in the crib:
Dillon continues to crack me up all day long. In this video, Dillon was playing with some balls and his garage and he thought screaming would make the balls go. It was very weird, but I found it very funny.
1 comment:
Traveling always makes me stressed out too. Sleeping is never the same that's for sure. But I'm glad you braved it and even more glad he did so well! Love all the pictures and videos! He's so cute and getting so big.
Post a Comment