Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Little Graduate

Dillon had his very last speech music group on Friday morning. It was bittersweet. I am thrilled for Dillon talking more, but sad that we won't be having home visits and attending the Friday group. I honestly feel like he got so much out of this program. We brought in donuts for the group as a special treat and at the end of group, Sally-Ann presented Dillon with a gold medal to wear around his neck. It was adorable. He also got a coloring book and crayons.

On Thursday we went to The Holyoke Children's Museum. Dillon has been there several times before and always has a wonderful time. The water table is always a problem for him. He can never play there without splashing everyone around him so I usually keep him away. This time Dillon played very nicely at the table!



As we left the museum on Thursday, I let Dillon play in the courtyard for a while. The temperature was in the 50's and the sun was shining!!!! I sat on a bench and soaked in the sun while Dillon kicked snowbanks and threw snowballs. I wish that 50 degree weather would stay. We had a couple days of it and then it went back to 20's again. We have had some crazy weather. As the "warm" left, we had big thunderstorms with lightening. It poured rain as we were going to bed. When we woke up in the morning, the temps had dropped 30 degrees and there was a dusting of snow on the ground!

I'm sorry for jumping around here, but back to Friday. We had our last group in the AM and then came home and Dillon took a very short nap. He woke up after only 45 mins. This is very unusual. He seemed cranky, but I continued to get him up and ready. We had plans to go to an indoor sandbox at the local mall. As we were walking out the door, I was holding Dillon and noticed he felt really warm. I took him inside and took his temp...102! No sandbox today. Poor Dillon spent the afternoon on the sofa. Here he is wearing his medal:
Today is Saturday and Dillon is still sick. His fever went up to 103 tonight. He seemed to like having a cool cloth on his forehead.
I hope Dillon feels better tomorrow. Poor little Dillster!









No comments: