Monday, October 11, 2010

Artwork

Another weekend comes to an end. We had a lovely three day weekend, despite the fact that I've been sick since Friday! I caught Dillon's cold and it's taking me way longer to get over it. I can't seem to kick it. We've been taking it easy. I tried to make a big family breakfast each morning. Dillon REALLY enjoys these. He loves scrambled eggs and I make sure that eggs are a part of each breakfast. Dillon is really thriving at his Friday morning speech playgroup. The first few times we went I was concerned it was going to be a little much for him, but now I'm so glad we stuck with it. He loves the routine and loves playing with the other kids. He has learned all of the songs and even does the hand movements with the songs. So cute!!! Each week, they do "art time." Dillon used to take little interest in this part of the group, but the last several weeks he is the last child at the art table putting the finishing touches on his little masterpieces. I had to take some pictures of his latest creations. Of course, I think he's a master artist. The theme this month at group is apples. This first creation is an apple. Dillon loves mushing the play dough and sticking the colored noodles in again and again. His favorite part was shaking glitter all over his "apple."

Dillon spent about 20 minutes carefully painting this apple:
This was one of Dillon's first works of art. He was painting with glue and red sand. I think we should frame this! I'm ready to enroll him at Mass College of Art. He's obviously an 18 month old artistic genius!



Today, we went to a farm in Monson with Robert, Denise, Amanda, and Katie. Robert brought his camera. I can't wait to see how HIS photos came out, but I had to take a few of my own. The farm was beautiful. Seated at the top of a hill, it looked over rolling hills and mountains. It was a picturesque New England farm on a perfect Fall day.











The entire time Dillon was sitting in the pumpkins, he was eager to get back to the goat pen. He kept pointing there:






Dillon was beyond thrilled to see goats. He was brave enough to actually feed them for the first time! He even held out his little hand for them. He was so excited he kept kicking, jumping, and dancing around:




After all of the goats and pumpkins, Robert and Denise treated us to ice cream. Dillon didn't want to leave and we had to put him into his car seat kicking and screaming. He was in bed by 6:30pm!












No comments: