Dillon is 15 months! He's really becoming his own person now. He knows what he wants and doesn't want. I said in a previous post that Dillon had said his first word. I was wrong. He says a lot of things that sound like words, but we've yet to hear him actually say his first word. I have a friend from college who works with early intervention for 0-3 year
olds. The organization she works with has a playgroup that Dillon and I signed up for. Dillon is in a peer slot, but since he hasn't been talking yet, is really
benefiting from some of the exercises they use. My friend, Chelsea, taught us a few signs to work on. She isn't concerned about his speech delay because he seems to understand a lot. He just hasn't found the words yet. For the last few days, Dillon and I have been working on the sign for "more." He picked it up quickly and is now signing for more without me prompting him!! Even though Dillon isn't using words, he communicates quite effectively. He loves yogurt. I give him a bowl every morning. He loves to eat it on his own. It makes a HUGE mess. I added some applesauce to his yogurt this morning and he burst into tears. Plain yogurt for Dillon, please!

Dillon loves books. It warms my heart when I catch him "reading" on his own. He'll be in his room and I'll notice it's gotten very quiet. I'll run in expecting him to be up to no good, but I'll find him on the floor with one of his books. He points to the pictures and talks in his baby language. It's SO cute.

We leave for Maine on Friday morning for the weekend. I'm extremely nervous about the 3.5 hour drive with Dillon. He's not the most patient of babies and will most likely scream at least 50% of the way. We'll have to make frequent stops so he can stretch his legs. I know he'll have fun once we get there!
No comments:
Post a Comment