Sunday, November 15, 2009

8 Months Old!!!!

Dillon turned 8 months on Saturday! I can't believe it. It honestly feels like just a few days ago I was pregnant. Here is what he has been up to: My friend Nicole and I did a little toy swap and Dillon got this activity table to play with for a while. We were having trouble with our furnace and Dillon is in a wool sweater because it was a little chilly in the house. I had to have a repairman come out twice and spent $380 and it still wasn't working. Our dear friend Tim Schwartz came out, and after getting a 20$ part, the furnace was fixed. I won't be calling the repairman again. Thanks again, Tim!!! 


When I feed Dillon his dinner, he ends up wearing it if he is the least bit tired. He rubs his eyes, ears, and hair. He loves eating solids now. Last night he ate 3 jars of food and a bowl of oatmeal before I shut him off! I was afraid he would explode. He then nursed before bed. Where does all this food go??
Dillon has learned how to pull up in his crib and he has a lot of fun. He can't pull up from his tummy, but if we place him in the crib sitting down he pulls right up.
My mother and sister Emilie came over for dinner to celebrate Emilie's 24th b-day. Our dining room had turned into a dumping ground in the last few weeks, so I cleaned it out for the occasion!
My father had his knee replaced and we went to visit him in the rehabilitation center on Saturday to continue Emilie's b-day celebration. Here is Dillon with Pepere. Notice his new outfit. Aunt Claudia got this for Dillon from Matrushka. It is my favorite store to shop for Dillon. I could seriously buy everything. Notice the matching moccasins!
Dad, Emilie, and Dillon all making the "Dillon Face".
 Dillon still army crawls. He can pull up to his hands and knees and take a couple "steps" but plops back down. He is pretty fast rolling and dragging himself along. He cruises when standing to hold on to furniture, so I suspect it won't be long before he walks. The other day I looked at him and noticed he was standing by himself. I don't think he even realized it. He stood there for about 30 secs before grabbing back on to the coffee table. 
Pepere is feeling better each day. We are so happy.
Dad and Lynne!
We had quite the party.
In other Dillon news, I finally got up the courage to let Dillon cry it out. I still feel terrible about doing it, but I honestly feel we had no choice. I almost dozed off at the wheel last week and it was then that I decided that I need to get tough for both of our safety!! I feel I tried everything and this was the only option. Dillon is doing so well and slept for 9 hours on Sat. only waking up a couple times, whining for literally a second, and then going back to sleep. Last night he was up at 4am for the day, but we snuggled in my bed until 7am. I'm really hoping that we can still spend some mornings in my bed! I nurse him before bed at 7:30, and then I "dream feed" him at 10:00. I plan on keeping the night nursings until he is ready to give them up. Already I notice Dillon nurses more during the day now. I am so happy. He was to the point where he would nurse all night and not nurse at all during the day.

No comments: