Thursday, March 5, 2009

39 weeks

No Baby S as of yet. He is up to his old ways though, and has us all guessing again. I had my Dr. appointment today and now I'm measuring ahead. I also gained 4 pounds! Great. The last two weeks, I was measuring behind. The Dr said he seems to be in a weird position again. She checked me and no progress! I had actually gone BACK. I am now one cent, but still effaced. She said Baby S was still head down and she estimated his weight at high 7's low 8's for poundage. She said he felt completely different and said she had no idea what he might do. She said it is now just a waiting game..tell me about it. She also told me today that they would induce at 41 weeks. So I know now that I have only 2 weeks to go at the most. I really don't want to be induced, so I hope he'll come before that. So all of you (MOM) that said he wouldn't come until 40 weeks, well it seems you're right. Waiting is so hard. You constantly worry if they are OK as they get bigger. You worry if they are moving enough and how often. I just want him here so bad.

What's baby up to this week?
Whether you give birth tomorrow or next week, it's pretty much all the same for your baby, who is now truly R-E-A-D-Y to face the big bright world outside of your womb. Speaking of wombs, your body is priming up for the big moment and hopefully, you're as prepared mentally as you can be. Your baby is well stocked up on fat, all their organs have put on the finishing touches. Here's hoping your child is already in the birthing position and basically just "hanging out" waiting for that elusive moment when all systems synchronize in your body to trigger the labor process.

No comments: