Thursday, July 24, 2008

7 weeks-baby blueberry

It took everything in me to get out of bed this morning. It was cool and rainy...perfect sleeping weather. Today I am 7 weeks. I look forward to each new week to see how much the baby is grown and what s/he's up to this week. I've decided that I'm going to tell work that I'm pregnant on Tuesday, when my boss gets back from vacation. I'm actually extremely nervous about this. Is it terrible that I'm already looking forward to 12 weeks home with my little one? I know it will be an incredible amount of work, but I'll get to live out my dream of being a stay at home mom, even if it's just for a few months.



We're getting a new car this week!! This will be my car and Tim isn't allowed to touch it. (sorry Tim) That's right, no sub woofers, no spaceship add ons, no neon lights. Alllll mine to blend in with the everyday morning traffic.



Symptoms:

Nothing really new to report. Still feeling pretty blah. No appetite, lot's of nausea, dry heaving...lot's of fun! I'm falling more and more in love with this little embryo everyday though. These symptoms are something only a mother could love that's for sure!

What is baby up to this week?

Baby's brain -- both hemispheres! -- is growing fast, generating about 100 new cells every minute. Arms and legs are emerging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place. At 7 weeks pregnant facial features become more prominent in your newborn. Upon close investigation you may be able to discern a mouth and even a tongue (you actually can't see the tongue, but it is forming inside your baby!). During pregnancy week 7 your baby's eyes will also start to become more fully formed, and now have a retina and lens attached. The major muscle systems in the body also continue to develop during pregnancy week 7, and your baby begins to produce his own blood type. Your baby's movements will be uncoordinated at best at this point during pregnancy, but rest assured your little one is squirming about his new home.
If you were to look directly at your baby you would still be able to see slight webbing in the fingers and toes during pregnancy 7 weeks. Teeth are also starting to form on the inside of your baby's mouth, and thin veins start to peer out from beneath your baby's skin. Your baby's intestines and appendix should be formed by now. By this time your baby's liver is working diligently to start producing red blood cells. Your baby should be bouncing right along in his comfy and warm home!

No comments: