Monday, July 21, 2008

6 weeks



We are so thrilled to be expecting! I've seen a lot of these baby blogs posting the good and bad experiences about pregnancy. I thought I'd share my experiences with my family and friends. Here's what's going on today:


Morning sickness, ha! More like morning, noon, and night. At six weeks on the dot, the constant nausea started. Every day has gotten worse. Today was spent working from home and dry heaving. I am so lucky to be able to work from home. I am supposed to go into the office tomorrow, but may request to work from home if I am still feeling like this tomorrow. My office is not exactly a comfortable place to be pregnant at. It is an old mill building and our space is located on the 4th and top floor!



Symptoms so far:



Week 4: so very tired. I took a pregnancy test because I was falling asleep at the dinner table.


Week 5: started craving certain foods, vegetables mainly. Cramping started to go away and towards the end of the week, I started feeling a little queasy when I didn't eat regularly. I broke out the crackers.



Week 6: morning sickness is here. Constantly nauseous. Dry heaving, gagging, major food aversions. I can't even look at most veggies now! Good thing I got those in during week 5. I feel achy and feverish.






What is baby up to?



Growing like crazy, baby is starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks and chin. Those little hands and feet- still webbed like paddles- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as yours!), and blood is starting to circulate.

No comments: