We came back from our Florida trip last week. I'm so glad we went. I was going back and forth about going. I wondered if Louise was old enough. I worried the plane ride would be a nightmare and that the kids wouldn't sleep when we were there. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. The planes rides both went perfectly. The kids actually slept IN during our stay. Other than a few very typical bumps in the road, everyone had a pretty great time!
We played in the pool.
We went to the Holiday Park in the Everglades to see some alligators with the entire family.
Louise was fussy on the air boat. She did NOT want to wear a life vest. Thankfully, we were able just to hold if near us. I didn't want her screaming bloody murder through out the entire ride.
After the air boat ride, we saw the Gator Boys show. It was really amazing to see. All of the proceeds go to protecting the everglades and the alligators.
Louise didn't care much for the show. She was happy playing in the dirt. She looked like a Gator Boy by the end of the show.
We held a baby alligator! Dillon was supposed to do it, but chickened out at the last second. Pepere had to step in.
We enjoyed a PERFECT day at the beach. The weather was perfect the entire time we were down there. It wasn't too hot. It felt amazing after the hellish winter we've had up here.
We got to visit with Pepere, Lynne, Uncle Jacques, and Aunt Aura.
The kids built a fort and tried to protect it against the tide coming in.
It was a trip we'll all remember for quite some time. I'm so glad we ended up going!
































No comments:
Post a Comment