They both enjoy Dillon's new remote control car. It's one of the only things that gets Louise to sit still these days.
A big box is also tons of fun. They had a picnic inside it and Dillon decorated the box with markers. This made for the perfect activity when we were all under the weather. I love that Dill and Lou play together so nicely.
One of their favorite games is hide and seek. Dillon climbs in the box and...
... Louise goes and finds him. It's the perfect game!
Dillon got a new tool set for Christmas. It's serious stuff. It's also scary stuff because the kit comes with a REAL hammer. Thankfully it also comes with safety goggles. So far, so good.
In other news, Dillon had his first appointment with the Dentist on Monday. He did GREAT. He was very excited to go. He loves going to the doctor, so I knew this would go over fine. He picked mint flavoring for the toothpaste and fluoride. I thought for sure he'd pick cookie dough or chocolate, but he surprised us all. He proudly opened his mouth for the dentist and loved every minute. He is cavity free, but the dentist and hygienist told us what we already knew: It's time for the pacifiers to go bye bye. I thought Dillon was going to cry when the hygienist told him he was a big boy and all done with pacifiers. She told me it looks like he'll need braces. Granted, my entire sixth grade glass had braces, but whatever, they need to go. We've been talking a lot this week about the baby chipmunks that live in our wood pile. I told him I hear them crying in the night. I told him they need his "sussies" more than he does. He's a big boy now and went to the dentist. Big boys don't need pacifiers. He seems on board with this plan of passing the sussies on to the needy baby chipmunks, but we'll see what happens. The big day is set for tomorrow. From what I here, the chipmunks went to K-Mart and purchased tons of treats and toys for the generous little Dillon. Wish us luck. We're going to need it. Dillon is more stubborn than most children. Need I remind anyone of the time he lost ONE pacifier and didn't sleep for three days until he found it under his bed?
Speaking of teeth, Louise got another one! When I felt the tooth cutting through, I thought it was one of her top front teeth, but it's her upper right lateral. (I had to google that.) No wonder she's having trouble sleeping. She's saying "Mamamama," pulling up, cruising, crawling, and sprouting teeth. She also understands things we say to her now. She cries when you tell her no, but she listens! She'll come when you call her over. It's the sweetest thing. I can't believe she's eight months today!
Finally, here are some videos from the last couple of weeks. Don't mind my stuffy nose voice and Dillon wiping his nose. We were still recovering!
No comments:
Post a Comment