Everyone is getting pretty excited for Christmas in the Shaughnessey house. Dillon keeps track of the Christmas countdown with his calenders. Christmas is certainly more fun with little children in your house. We've been bundling up with all the cold weather we've been having.
We have to miss the annual Santa Party this year because of some winter weather this afternoon. We were so disappointed. We all look forward to this gathering every year. Louise will be seven months old tomorrow! I forgot to post her six month appointment stats. She was 20 pounds, 28 and 3/4 inches long. She started getting into a sitting position all on her own yesterday. She is also trying to pull up now. It's so much fun to watch her grow. Louise is SUCH an easy going baby. The entire house was sick for the last two weeks. Dillon went to the pediatrician Saturday and Louise went Tuesday. Dillon was having stomach pains that were similar to his issue when he was two years old. He only had a few episodes and has since been fine. Louise was not kicking her cold and Dr. Vagal put her on antibiotics when we went in on Tuesday. He said she had a sinus infection. I normally like to save antibiotics for when they are only absolutely needed, but he said they were mild. She felt better right away after starting them. She started having diarrhea almost immediately, however, and it became so bad that we had to stop her medication. The doctor said to let her fight the rest on her own if we felt more comfortable. Louise is now back to her old self. She's sleeping through the night again and happier than ever. As you can see below, she entertains herself. She actually plays peek a boo with herself in the reflection of the fireplace. No more illness, ok? I've had enough for a while!
Our Christmas tree is all set up and the kids are completely fascinated with it. Louise wants to eat it, but loves it all the same.
We did a little photo shoot in front of the tree. Out of the 3,000 pictures I took, I was able to get a couple decent ones. Here are some of the not so great, but hilarious ones.
Getting both kids to look at the camera at the same time and smile is next to impossible!
Every week, I go grocery shopping and I bring Dillon a little toy from the machines as you exit the grocery store. This week the machine gave me a mustache. I thought this would go over great with Dillon because he has a strange fascination with mustaches. He talks about quite a bit. He didn't seem overly impressed by the mustache. Tim and I enjoyed this toy more than anyone I think.
Even Kevin the Elf got in on the mustache fun! THIS impressed Dillon. Silly Kevin.
Finally, on a more serious note, I wanted to comment on the tragedy that occurred at Sandy Hook Friday morning. As a mother, I am so so saddened and angry. There aren't really words to say exactly how terrible this makes me feel. I can't imagine the pain and suffering of those closer to the tragedy. It is situations like this, however, that remind me to cherish and appreciate every moment of each day. I am thankful to have my beautiful children with me each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment