Thursday, April 26, 2012

April Showers

We have had some really lovely spring weather this year. The trees have leaves and the grass is green. The violets are popping up all over the yard. There's nothing like to spring to improve a mood. Dillon and I spent the day gardening and playing outside last Saturday. He was SO excited to work in the garden. I will say, weeding and replanting a garden are not the best things to do when you are 37 weeks pregnant. All the bending and lifting and kneeling was about killing me. Dillon kept looking at me and saying, "Hard work, Mommy?" It was.

 Dillon loved watering the flowers after we were done planting. He had his own little watering can.
 Dillon also got a hair cut last weekend. I usually do his hair myself, but thought he could use a professional cut for spring. He has to look  his best for when his little sister gets here!
 I also meant to post about my cousin Michaela's bridal shower the weekend before last. It was beautiful. We had fantastic weather and the day was perfect. I'm a bridesmaid in Michaela's wedding in July. Below are my cousins Abby and Michaela.
 My cousin Brooke and Michaela:
 Dillon went fishing with DaDa while the ladies went to the shower. However, he decided to crash the shower at the very end to play with his cousins. He had a great time.
 The beautiful bride to be:
 DaDa and Dillon fishing:
 Dillon has been having a tough time separating from me lately. He had a lot of trouble even leaving me for a few hours while I went to the shower. It seems he is sensing something big about to happen with Mommy and it makes him nervous. He has started waking up at night again screaming for me. He won't let anybody to anything for him. It has to be Mommy. He's been throwing a lot of tantrums over controlling things. It's made it very hard on me. Carrying a kicking and screaming three year old all day when you're this pregnant can be quite the challenge. He knows there is a baby in Mommy's tummy and he talks about Baby Sister, but I don't think he really fully gets it. I think he's feeling nervous. I'm nervous about when I go to the hospital to have the baby. I think he'll be a hand full.  I'm very interested to see how he does once the baby is here. It won't be long now!
 Finally, I had to post a picture of the beautiful rainbow we had here this week. It was actually a double rainbow at first. I'm so happy it's Spring.

No comments: