Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Owl Fear Continues

I thought that Thomas was a pretty safe thing for Dillon to watch. He gets spooked pretty easily and we limit his TV watching. For a special treat I let Dillon watch a short Thomas movie. Well, above is a clip from the movie that completely freaked him out. It left him in tears and shaking. If you watch it, it is pretty understandable why he would be scared.  He insisted on telling DaDa all about it and made us watch it. He kept saying he would never watch it again. He did not stop talking about the owl in the movie the rest of the day. When he took a shower that night, he started crying because the "steam was spooky." Putting him to bed that night was challenging. It looks like this little guy has a very creative imagination like his Mommy. I can't tell you how many times I slept with my light on wishing I hadn't read that book of ghost stories.

Here is a video of Dillon after he calmed down. (Later that night.) He explains that he won't be watching that Thomas episode again: "I not watch it again."
We had an unexpected snow/sleet storm last weekend and Dillon was so excited. He was able to catch and hold the little balls of snow. He had us put a cup outside to catch some. 

 The little musician is at it again. Tim got out my guitar and carefully supervised Dillon with it. Dillon had so much fun playing it and singing.

No comments: