Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurricane Irene

Hurricane Irene's much anticipated arrival finally happened this weekend. While many areas on the East Coast were affected, Palmer, MA wasn't one of them. We have some flooding and branches downs, but nothing like the Armageddon the media was preparing us for. They plastered pictures and articles about the Hurricane of 1938 all over the news. I have to admit, going to bed last night, I was a little nervous. I was around nine or ten years old when Hurricane Andrew hit us in Florida and I remember going to sleep knowing it was going to hit while we slept. It was scary. This brought back those memories! I went to the grocery store on Saturday and I have to say, going to Big Y was more dangerous than any part of Irene. People were fighting over parking spots and water. It was mayhem in there.

We woke up this morning and realized we had left two windows open in the living room. I thought for sure I'd fine water all over my house. However, not a drop came in. We had the windows and front door open all day long! We stayed inside all Sunday. It was a nice day. I got some much needed cleaning done and Dillon kept busy with art projects and dancing around.

Watercolors:


We practiced wiping and diapering babies:

I cut Dillon's hair:

After his nap, Dillon watched his very first movie: Bambi. Denise was kind enough to lend us some Disney movies. Dillon LOVED. I repeat, LOVED Bambi. I wasn't sure if his attention would be held, however, he sat there mesmerized and on the edge of his seat. He was thrilled to get such a special treat. "More deer!"

I also wanted to share the newest addition to our house: A clock! This clock was made in 1845. Tim got it for me for our anniversary. The hourly chiming has taken some getting used to, but that was a feature I wanted in a clock.



Dillon has been quite the photographer this week. He orders the daycare kids to sit down and say cheese.

We had some rainy days this week and Dillon kept busy with art projects. He loved playing with shaving cream.







Well, another week begins. We all have colds, but hopefully they will pass quickly. I was spoiled having a couple months with no cold. Here we go again.





No comments: