Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Potty Trainee

That's right! Dillon is potty trained!! He potty trained in about an hour. I actually went out to a playgroup the same afternoon and didn't have any accidents with him. He still has accidents here and there, but we haven't used a diaper in over a week! Crazy! I'm still not incredibly confident when we go out. I'm just waiting for Dillon to get distracted and have an accident haha. I carry a small toilet seat, a pull up, and a FULL change of clothes in my purse wherever I go. I'm surprised how much Dillon actually gets the entire concept. I was following the three day potty training method and was shocked when I was able to catch him having an accident and got him to the toilet on time. It clicked as soon as that happened! I stayed at home for the next three days as the book advises, but had to go out to a playgroup we had RSVP'd for a while ago the afternoon of Day 1. Shockingly everything went fine and he used the potty three times while we were there. I haven't been blogging as much as usual. Things are crazy around here with the start of the daycare. I wanted to include some pictures of Dillon being his hammy self.


With me working during the week now, weekends are SACRED. We are out and about almost every minute doing things as a family. Last weekend it warmed up to 45 degrees and we went to the park and to our new fav hangout Old Sturbridge Village. This was out first time back to the toddler park in town since last Fall. It was fun to see Dillon remember the park and he was a lot better at climbing all the equipment.

This was so cute. Dillon and DaDa on the tire swing.


Dillon loves to spin. I don't know how he does it, but this kid could spin around all day. He had pretty much every child at the park spinning him on the merry go round.

There was a new baby lamb at OSV last weekend. The lamb is only 12 hours old in this photo. Its fur was so soft and downy looking.
He was just learning to walk when we saw him:


These pictures are in reverse order, but we saw a demonstration of balloon games of the 1800's. We all thought this was pretty cool!

Dillon was captivated:
More baby "ba's" as Dillon says:
And here is a picture from potty training. This is a very common scene in our house these days. People come to the door and there is Dillon with no pants. The joys of having a newly potty trained child!
A chat with the Dillster:



I'm really missing it just being Dillon and me at home, but I'm sure I'll get used to this. It's a mad house here most days and Dillon is having a hard time adjusting. He was sick this week and wanted NOTHING to do with having kiddos in the house. I'm getting used to not eating, sitting down, or going to the bathroom. I'm sure things are going to get easier, but right now I'm incredibly stressed out.

No comments: