Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dillon's First Year

***I was looking back on Dillon's first year in his baby book. I can't believe how fast he's grown and how much he's changed. I took him to his 12 month appointment yesterday and he has an ear infection. It's strange because I've never had an ear infection in my entire life, but Dillon is on his second! We started antibiotics yesterday and he seems much better today. He also took just one nap yesterday for the first time. Will this continue? I'm not sure! We will be heading back to the pediatrician in 10 days for a check-up and the dreaded vaccines. I spread each shot out, so that means we'll have to come back a couple times for more shots and blood work. We'll be seeing a lot of Dr. Vagal in the coming weeks. Taking Dillon to the Dr. is quite a challenge now. He loves to explore and keeps running out of the exam room, trying to climb the file cabinets. Thankfully, he doesn't dread going to the Dr. yet and likes to help Dr. Vagal listen to his heart and chest. I think he enjoys all the attention. I might have mentioned in a previous post that Dillon has become obsessed with gagging himself until he throws up. He does it all the time. I even hear him in his crib at night and at nap time. Well, I brought it up to Dr. Vagal and he said that he is certain Dillon is just trying to get my attention. He told me to start telling him no using his middle name each time he does it. Well, it worked! All I have to do now is look at Dillon with my eyebrows raised and he mischievously takes his hand out of his mouth. What a little ham! Here is a look back at Dillon's first year.

Born March 14, 2009


9 lbs 9oz 22 inches long


1 Month:
13 lbs 22 1/4 inches
Had a Mohawk hairdo and started laughing.
Celebrated his first holiday, Easter.



4 Months:
18.6 lbs 27.5 in
sitting up all by himself and starting to look more like his Mommy!
Had first vacation in Maine.


6 Months:
20lbs 28 in
army crawling and keeping us busy!


9 Months:

22lbs 29in
Crawling, cruising, and taking first steps!


12 Months:
23.5 pounds 30 3/4 in
Walking, dancing, baby babbling
Loves his Daddy and making people laugh!








No comments: