Monday, February 22, 2010

Cats!

It's been a little while since I wrote! We've had a lot going on. Dillon is keeping me busy. I am constantly chasing him around now that he's on the move. We went to my mother's house on Friday for an overnight. I was really nervous, but knew we needed to give overnights another try. Tim was working Friday so it was just Dillon and I. I couldn't believe how difficult it was to keep track of Dillon. He was EVERYWHERE. He went through every cabinet, every room, cleaned off every table. His pacifier ended up in the fireplace, in potted plants, and almost in the toilet. My mom has a very grumpy kitty and Dillon is obsessed with cats. Well, you can imgine how that went: Dillon got scratched in the eye by grumpy old Lucy. He still hasn't learned his lesson. The little boy we are babysitting for has two cats and we were over their house having a tour and Dillon chased the kitties down the entire time. Luckily, these kitties were very patient. If I try to keep Dillon away from the cats, he throws an all out tantrum. When it was time for bed, I put Dillon in his pack and play. I had just about everything from his nursery: turtle lamp, sound machine, and music box. He went down without a problem and I did a silent victory dance. At 10pm, however, when I went to bed he would NOT go back in the pack and play. I'm talking blood curdling screams. Soooo, Dillon and I spent the entire night on a twin bed. The bedroom we were staying in has two twins in it. I pushed them together in an attempt to have more space. That did not work out. Dillon wanted to be right on top of me. I have to admit, part of me LOOOVED snuggling with him all night. I miss co-sleeping and it was heaven to listen to him breathe and smell his hair. However, the tired part of me was pretty uncomfortable. I think I slept about two hours.

In other news, our cloth diapers arrived!! Here is Dillon in one of them:


So far I really like them. They keep Dillon's skin dry and are surprisingly easy to change. I will say that I have to change them much more often. The covers hold the moisture in REALLY well, but the trifold inside is soaked in less than two hours. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it as I go along. I'm also going back to cloth wipes. I tried them when he was a newborn and loved it, but it was a lot of work with a baby pooping 8 times a day. I'll be making some solution (water, olive oil, 100% natural baby wash) today and putting it in my squirt bottle. I have some cotton rags from an old shirt of mine that I will set up at his changing table.


Dillon is becoming SUCH a ham. It's so fun to see his personality coming through. He has a new face that he makes. We named it Scrunchie Face. He does it CONSTANTLY around company.


Dillon and his balloon!



No comments: