Thursday, August 14, 2008

10 weeks!

Almost there!!!! Every week I get closer to the second trimester. I am ready to get into the second trimester and out of the endless morning sickness. This week was by far the worst. I threw up every day this week with the exception of yesterday and today. I am told week 10 is the hardest because the hcg hormones are peaking this week. There are a few girls from high school that reached their second trimester this week. I can't wait to get there. Work has been awesome. The last two weeks, I worked Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at home. I even got a .75 cent raise on Friday! It feels great to have work's support with this. They are really working with me and I am so glad I told them when I did.



Tim and I will be going home to the Berkshires for the weekend. I'm a bit nervous to be away from home for two days feeling like this, but I really want to go! On Monday, I have my first big appointment. I'll get to hear the baby's heartbeat. That's a sound I've been waiting to hear since I saw a positive pregnancy test. The nurse says the baby has given me other signs to let me know its ok. The constant nausea, believe it or not, is a sign that the baby is thriving and growing. If that's the case, then it is all worth it!



Symptoms:

Do I reaaaallly need to list them? haha

nausea

nausea

more nausea



What baby is up to this week:



Vital organs: Check! Teeth (well, tooth buds): Check! ... She's the size of a prune. With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will too.) External genitalia is beginning to differentiate. External ears are completely formed, as well as the upper lip.

No comments: